Excited to give a presentation today on "Five Principles for Amazing Cause Marketing that Makes a Difference" at the Cause Marketing Forum and wanted to share my deck with all of you.
The five principles to consider for great cause marketing campaigns include:
- Not All Contests Are Created Equal
- LIKES are a Start Not An End
- Being Social Works Better in a Community
- Social Happens in Real Life (IRL)
- The Word on the Street…Integration
The first one is not exactly a principle, but with donation contests on the rise I felt it needed to be addressed. My business partner Beth Kanter has done a lot of work in this area. I have put together a list of best practices in the deck that I have drawn from her and other’s criticism and work.
What are the things that companies and nonprofits need to keep in mind when doing cause marketing campaigns and programs?