12 Signs of Blogging Addiction
Beware, this could be you:
- The ‘I’ key wears out on your keyboard from overuse.
- You check Technorati every hour (or is that every half hour) to see if anyone new has connected to you yet.
- You find yourself getting hot under the collar when your Technorati rank hasn’t changed in an entire week and you KNOW that you have gotten more links.
- You start to believe you are actually friends with the bloggers that you “talk” to on a regular basis in comments sections of posts.
- Your non-blogger friends take a collection to help you see a therapist and you use the money to upgrade your blog and get some cool hacks.
- Thanks to Steve Rubel, you start to believe that a “hack” is a good thing, rather than something bored and extremely intelligent teenagers do to break into company and government servers.
- You toss and turn all night trying to think of what you will post (write) about in your blog tomorrow.
- You stay up until midnight to check your PubSub PR stats to find out how you did that day.
- You actually have an anxiety attack about something you said in a comment section (or a post).
- You ponder the horrors of unvalidated RSS feeds and broken XHTML code. Whatever.
- You Google your name, your blog name and variations of the two more than twice a week. You ponder how you can get it as an RSS feed.
- You seriously start to worry that you might not get your real work done, but you can’t stay away from the “conversation.”
I will put up a post on balancing blogging with work and family later…as soon I get my balance.