On the PR Evolutions blog, Carol Orsborn and Eileen Marcus of Fleishman-Hillard are looking to put together a list of phrases to avoid when marketing to baby boomers.
- Still going strong
- Forever young
- Growing old (growing older is okay)
- 60 is the new 40 (Instead, say 60 is the new 60.)
- Looks good for her age (Instead, say ageless beauty.)
- Senior/senior citizen/elderly/golden
- Suffering from–victim of (with regard to illness)
- My addition would be the term “active adult,” which I have seen on a number of signs catering to this demographic. For instance, what if they have a disability?
If you have any more ideas of what to do, and what not to do, pop over and let them know.