Many organizations and companies that I work with are really great at creating content, which is such an important step for sharing info in social networking channels.
The problem is that they are missing taking the really powerful step of socializing that content. Many really don't know how, or are afraid of what that socializing will unleash on their organization.
- Do they have the resources?
- Will they be able to realistically meet the demand for direct communication?
- How will they handle negative comments?
- How will they prove the value of social media to their boss?
- How will they make it fit into their already busy day?
It is these questions and many more that I start to answer in the following presentation that I put together for the College Sports Information Directors of America's Annual Conference today.
A few of the examples have a sports bent to meet the needs of that group. It also contains a reference to the B.E.E.S. Social Media Strategy post from earlier this week.