Yesterday I had the pleasure of participating in a PRSA teleseminar about online reputation management with Lee Odden of Toprank Marketing. You should also be sure to subscribe to his blog, and if you use Twitter, to follow him there as well. His insights are always interesting and he is a wealth of resources. One thing I learned about during our seminar was a new property called Tweet Beep, which is like Google alerts for Twitter. I will have all of my clients add this to their monitoring arsenal.
Lee is a great guy that is considered an SEO expert by his friends in public relations and a PR expert by his friends in SEO, which makes him a perfect hybrid to speak to a PR crowd.
We had nearly 100 people on the call, I have included the presentation from Slide Share in this post. I also put together a special delicious page with all of the resources and examples from the presentation at Reputation SEO.
Some of the highlights of the presentation included:
- Google as the new corporate homepage
- Search engine rankings imply reputation
- Proactive search engine reputation management
- Monitoring tools
- Creation of content on/off the corporate web site
- Link building
Ranking report software
- Building Relevant content that also gets search results?
- Search engine optimized press releases and unique e-mails for measurement