Without question she’s a woman who gets things done!
You may wonder how Dayna manages it all, and the secret is that she uses and builds on what’s come before! In business-speak we call it “repurposing content.” 😉
Take her play The Woman in the Mirror, which just finished its run at the Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston. Described as “a dark, uplifting comedy,” it’s based on her 2016 book Surviving Alzheimer's With Friends, Facebook, and a Really Big Glass of Wine. The book helps caregivers learn how to navigate the very real challenges in dealing with a loved one suffering from memory problems.
Meanwhile, the book itself came about through a series of Facebook posts in which Dayna chronicled her mother’s illness and the impact it had both on the woman who raised her and on her own life as a caregiver.
Zoetica’s CEO Kami Huyse recently spoke with Dayna and came away with these gold nuggets everyone can use:
- Take something you’re passionate about and share it with others. 🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽
- Sometimes you just have to go for it. 🚀
- Be willing to step into your “uncomfort zone.”
- Make lemonade out of lemons. 🍋
- Take one step at a time and don’t get ahead of yourself.
- Figure out where your audiences are and meet them there.
- Customize how you talk to each of your audiences.
- It’s ok if you don’t initially succeed, just pick yourself back up and try again.
Check out the full interview here.