If you’ve ever wondered how the experts create evergreen assets, this post gives you a behind-the-scenes look at how Zoetica founder Kami Huyse applied what she teaches others to her own work. More specifically, it explains how Kami used the approach outlined below to build her most recent evergreen marketing asset, the Pathway to Mastery system, which she shared over a seven-week period and then bundled together as a free asset.
If you’re a consultant, solopreneur, or small agency owner, use it to market your products or services and to connect more deeply with your target audience.
Think of the evergreen assets you create as the bridge between what you offer and what you know (the full extent of your expertise). The most valuable assets are those which people would actually pay for. Don’t worry about giving things away for free – there will always be those who recognize the quality of what you offer and recommend you to others or who themselves ask for help implementing your system rather than trying to do it all on their own.
6 Steps to Evergreen Lead Generation
Here are the main steps Kami takes to build her assets:
- Create a Valuable Resource. Start with choosing a valuable resource or process you can give away that will give your potential trial customers a result and a goal for what you want people to do. Break down into main components and subcomponents, listing each as a separate line item. To communicate effectively with her team, Kami uses the project management tool ClickUp.
- She then focuses on a respective step or element, taking it from idea to execution via a ClickUp’s board planner. Often this involves moving from initial idea to a livestream recording about a particular topic, which in turn is used to create a blog post. In addition, social media assets are created to promote each livestream after the fact.
- To stream across several platforms at once, Kami swears by Streamyard. She uses it to simultaneously broadcast across YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and multiple Facebook communities.
- When making a specific offer, Kami creates a landing page outlining the offer’s details, along with the benefits her target audience will derive when availing itself of the offer. Recently she’s been using Searchie to collect and feature her content in one user-friendly place.
- More often than not, Kami’s team creates a blog post people can read as a supplement to viewing each video. An alternative to having someone write a post is using the automatic transcription function of Streamyard, which Kami has done in the past when she was working on her own or had to get the content out immediately.
- With regard to graphics and thumbnails, Kami has found that using Canva meets her day-to-day needs. (For larger or specialized projects she hires a graphic designer).
To learn even more details about Kami’s process, watch this video.
And here is Kami’s quick list of tools she herself uses.
- For planning and project management: ClickUp
- For graphic design: Canva
- To build an email sequence: ConvertKit
- To create videos: Streamyard
- To build the platform: Searchie
- Part 1: Overview – How to Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads & Grow Your Influence
- Part 2: Explorer – Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads and Grow Your Influence
- Part 3: Connector – Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads and Grow Your Influence
- Part 4: Architect – Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads to Grow Your Influence
- Part 5: Creator – Hacks to Create Social Media in Less Time
- Part 6: Attractor – Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads and Grow Your Influence
- Part 7: Innovator – Master Social Media to Create More Business Leads and Grow Your Influence