Alan Weinkrantz, a fellow public relations blogger in San Antonio is offering a free white paper about the importance of working with industry analysts who cover your industry segment. Alan has a lot of experience in fostering this important channel of communication for his clients. Some of the analyst organizations out there include Forrester Research, Frost and Sullivan, Gartner, and many others.
Alan offers 10 tips to develop a relationship with analysts:
• have a real product or service that has clearly definable benefits and features;
• clearly know your market and your position in that market;
• know where your target analyst stands on the products and issues in your market;
• know where you want to be in your market in the short- and long-term future;
• clearly analyze the steps required to get there;
• be able to demonstrate that your company has the resources to make it happen;
• be able to discuss the market intelligently with the analyst;
• know what you reasonably expect from the analyst and be willing to ask for it;
• be sure to carry out your responsibilities and promises made to the analyst — for demo
products, information, customer contacts, executive interviews, etc.;
• be respectful of their time, but be assertive in gaining your share
You can download his whitepaper on his site.