New PR Skill – Learn Social Media
5 Ways to Join the Conversation Fast
According to a story in the Daily Dog today about a survey conducted by an independent research firm for Accountemps, 31 percent of senior executives (including those from human resources, finance and marketing departments) would make acquiring a new skill their business-related New Year’s resolution.
Public relations professionals better make that skill learning about the new social media.
Five Ways to Learn Social Media Fast
1. Get your own blog. Without it, other bloggers will think less of you and your comments carry less weight.
2. Read other's blogs regularly and incorporate some of their thoughts into your own blog. Make sure you link back.
3. Comment in other's blogs. Nothing is more gratifying as a blogger than to have a real conversation start in your blog. Bloggers are appreciative to those that participate in the dialogue. This helps you to build relationships.
4. Stay balanced. Don't let blogging take over your life, it can be addictive. Make a schedule for yourself and stick to it.
5. Experiment with technology. Read a blog like Steve Rubel's to see what kind of technology can make blogging and participating in the coversation easier for you.