On the day that Wikipedia surpassed 2 million articles, Wales gave some advice on setting the record straight on a company's Wikipedia entry.
Picture: L to R, Kristie Wells, Andrea Weckerle, Jimmy Wales and Chris Heuer
- We don't take sides…and that can be an advantage [for companies due to the neutral point of view]
- Come to the discussion page, tell us who you are and who you represent and here is a link to our response
- We are also going to be interested in reporting your point of view
- Have a clear, open strategy to tell your side of the story on your Web site
- Be open, be transparent…assume good faith
He also outlines the risks of adding your own entry to Wikipedia, discusses censorship in China and his favorite 2.0 tools.
We have become very powerful by accident because the world loves us and Google loves us.”
It's a short 13-minute podcast, listen to it here.