Here are the top 10 stories for Communication Overtones in November. Some were oldies and some were brand new. These were in addition to the “Top 10 Content of All Time,” which I updated in the sidebar.
- Social Media Measurement: Let's Talk About the Bottom Line and the Dreaded ROI
- Akon's Song a PR Move? Blame it on Me
- Dissecting the Media Snackers Meme
- Top 10 Risks for Corporate Blogs
- The New Public Relations?
- Make It Relevant: Career Advice from a Real Estate Editor
- Measuring Social Media: Setting Relational Objectives
- Public Relations is Customer Service
- NASCAR Driver Robby Gordon Uses Social Media to Connect with Fans
- PowerWomen and the Power 150: Women Make up Only 13 percent of Top Bloggers
Communication Overtones turned two this month. To celebrate I am highlighting the top 10 biggest referrers of all time. For all of your support over the years I can only say a grateful thank you and encourage readers to visit your blogs, each one is packed with insightful thinking about public relations, marketing and business. It took me twice as long as it should have to post this entry as I perused each of your blogs, sweeping up breadcrumbs of knowledge as I went.
PR Blogger, Darren Rouse, who writes about monetizing your blog, but also has great tips on creating compelling content
PR Squared, Todd Defren, the inventor of the Social Media News Release is generous to a fault
Media Orchard, Scott Baradell, whom I've worked with on a few projects and who is also the inventor of Spin Thicket
Marcom Blog, Robert French runs this blog, but it is the students of Auburn University that make this site so rich
Katie Paine’s PR Measurement Blog, Katie Paine is a measurement guru and a terrific mentor
Converstations, Mike Sansone is a master at building relationships and can teach you how to do it as well
Global Neighbourhoods, Shel Israel is a co-author of Naked Conversations and also is one of my mentors and friends
Micro Persuasion, Steve Rubel is a top marketing and PR blogger and has one of the popular blogs in the world
Tough Sledding, Bill Sledzik is an Associate Professor at Kent State University and a leading thinker on the practice of PR
Buzz Bin, Geoff Livingston is the author of Now Is Gone and is a valued colleague and friend
Honorable Mentions: I also want to shout out and honorable mention to John Wagner, Richard Bailey and ToddAnd, who were all close to getting into the top 10 referrers.