I first heard about the free Blog Talk Radio service from Scott Baradell over at Media Orchard when he began hosting a series of shows on the platform with high-profile bloggers, including Steve Rubel, Shel Israel and others. Blog Talk Radio is Scott’s clients.
The idea of the service is that you can plan a show and then invite people to come and listen, call in and ask questions — live. Then, the show can be archived and make it available as a podcast. Scott, who also contributes to the Blog Talk Radio blog, published a helpful list of 5 PR Hacks for the platform.
5 PR Hacks for Blog Talk Radio
- Have a telephone press conferences, then include them in your press room next to the release for media that couldn’t attend.
- Supplement media announcements with executive audio by getting a group of up to five executives to call in and have a free-flowing discussion.
- Connect with customers and answer their questions, put your expertise to use by doing an ask-the-experts show and post it on your website.
- Make employee achievements public by recording a conversation live, then post it on the HR site to show the company’s priorities and values.
- Bring a corporate blog to life with a call-in show with consumers, employees and the media.
I plan to find out more about the platform first-hand in a few weeks when I participate in a show being hosted by Mike Sansone from Conversations and Wayne Hurlbert from Blog Business World. Here are the details, feel free to join us, on the 29th, the button below will take you directly to the information to call in.
Nut's and BlogBolts – A Conversation on Social Media Tools
On January 29th at 8 PM EST Blog Talk Radio will host a two-hour roundtable discussion with leading members in the blogosphere: Jim Kukral from ReveNews, Shawn Collins from Affiliate Summit, Scott Baradell from Media Orchard, Kami Huyse from Communication Overtones and Mandie Crawford from Roaring Women.