Being skilled isn’t enough these days, it’s merely the starting point. Rather, you have to stand out from all the other professionals in your field to convince your prospective clients that you are the one who can serve them the best.
To do that, follow these three steps:
- Identify the process you use to help clients.
- Communicate and explain the process to prospective clients.
- Promote the process in your marketing and social media materials.
Your superpower is the process you bring to the marketplace
and use to help your clients achieve their goals. 🔥 – Kami Huyse
Everyone has a process, even if they haven’t yet formalized it. Think about it this way:
Your process is the sum of all parts for how you get your clients
from where they are right now (Point A) to where they want to be (Point B)
in the easiest and shortest way possible.
Here are some suggestions for how to clarify your unique process:
- Imagine your client comes to you with a problem they need help with or a project they want executed. Think about how you approach your client’s request.
- What is the first step you take? What is the second step? The third?
- Some of these steps may be internal to you (such as determining what agency resources you’ll need) and some may be external and involve your client (such as getting budget approval).
- Write out each step, no matter how small.
- Identify the elements associated with each step.
- Identify the questions you need answered within each step and before moving from one to the next.
- Once you’ve written down each step, identify categories within which you can place each step. Zoetica founder Kami Huyse established Clarify, Connect, Create, and Calibrate as the categories she uses for her client work.
- As a finishing touch, review each of your steps and, where possible, consolidate and simplify.
After you’ve written everything down, package it together in a way you can easily share and explain to prospective clients. 📦 Don’t overcomplicate things, just stick to the main parts and walk them through it. Knowing you have a defined process and structure around what you do will strengthen clients' trust in your ability to help them achieve their goals.
To see how this applies to a real life example, watch Kami’s video where she explains how she clarified her agency’s four-part process and used it to market Smart Social Secrets.
[…] figure out what your superpower is. Everyone has a superpower, which is the process you bring to the marketplace and use to help your clients achieve their […]
[…] superpower is what draws people to you. It goes beyond simply your products or services. It’s what you use […]