The Secret Way to Create Stellar Content and Grow Your Community Without Burning Yourself Out
You want to serve and connect with your audiences by giving them fabulous content. That’s great! 🌻
And there are two ways to do that. The first is by spending hours upon hours creating original, never-before-seen content that you share only a single time, and then repeating that process over and over again. The second involves working smartly and repurposing the valuable content you already have in new ways.
I’m sure you know which one is better! 💪
Here’s the thing to remember: your audiences benefit either way. So don’t drive yourself crazy and risk burnout by making things harder than they need to be!
Follow the 6 recommendations below and keep your audiences and clients happy and engaged. ☀️
- Stagger your content across different platforms. Members of your target audience aren’t all located in the same place, so you can use the same core content and stagger it across various platforms over several days. Instagram focuses on photos and videos, while Facebook combines text with visual content. Twitter, meanwhile, allows you to post video or images but limits text to 140 characters, whereas TikTok is video-only. 📷
- Share your content in different formats. People have definite preferences in how they consume content. With text, for example, some like longer explanatory information, while others want a quick and to-the-point overview featuring bullet points. Present your content in different formats and you’ll get everyone’s attention. 🖊️
- Present your content in different mediums. People respond to different things, and even those who have a favorite way of consuming content like the occasional mix. So if you’re posting on Facebook, for example, you can choose to write a more text-based post one time and the next time select an attention-grabbing photo with a couple of words thrown in. Variety keeps things fresh and exciting! ⚡
- Hit all your platforms live at the same time. Going live online builds intimacy with your audience and allows you to engage with them in real time. Today it's possible to simulcast, streaming to all of your platforms at the same time, and boy is it fun! Zoetica’s founder Kami Huyse loves to do this and streams live to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn every week. 📹
- Segment your content. Take content you’ve already shared somewhere and zero in on one part of it. Go deep. Walk your audiences through what they need to know so at the end, they can immediately apply what they’ve learned. The terrific thing is that you can take one piece of content and divide it into several stand-alone segments. 🎯
- Show up on other platforms and share what you know. Your audiences love you, so why not spread the goodness by broadening your reach? Every chance you get, be an active participant at online events, offer to write a guest post for someone’s blog, or appear on other channels as a guest expert. Take advantage of others’ platforms to reach more people who will be interested in what you have to offer. ❤️